Black and brown damask

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Easter Break - A Week of Chocolate and Cupcake Happiness


What did you do during your Easter Break?

Did you eat a lot of Chocolate? Did you spend time with your family? Or, like me, did you spend every waking moment, catching up on your studies?



The Easter long weekend was swell. The Easter bunny arrived at my house and oddly enough she looked a lot like my chihuahua, Lilly. My mother and sister both celebrated their Birthday's on Easter Saturday, which meant that not only did I have chocolate Easter eggs to devour, I also had Birthday cake.

On Wednesday, I decided to visit Wacol's RSPCA Adoption Centre. While I was there, I spent a lot of time comforting and photographing the animals. Overall, the experience was heartbreaking, but eye opening. The animals deserve to be loved and to be given a second chance, and if I could, I would have brought them all home.

On friday, I spent the morning baking cupcakes. You're probably wondering why on earth is Beck baking cupcakes when she's spent the whole week eating chocolate eggs and birthday cake. Well, it's quite simple, "Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed, cupcakes make it worthwhile".


Mmm... Journalism goodness.

"Writing is like baking cupcakes, you're trying to make something from the raw. Like with cupcakes its flour and eggs and stuff, and with books its ideas and words. The end result is the same though, you want people to eat them up."~ Emma Shortt



No comments:

Post a Comment