Black and brown damask

Monday 11 June 2012

My Final Lecture with Steve Molk

When: Week 12
What: Lecture 11
Who:  Steve Molk and Dr. Bruce Redman

This weeks lecture was by far the best lecture I have attended this semester, and sadly it was also the last. Steve Molk was the guest lecturer this week. Steve Molk is an entertainment journalist, who owns "MolksTVTalk" which is an entertainment blog about Australian television. The lecture was basically a Q and A session and an opportunity for Steve Molk to share his experiences in the journalism industry with the JOUR1111 students. Steve Molk also spoke about his journey into the journalism industry, "MolksTvTalk", his aspirations, and gave my peers and I advice about how to become professional journalists.

During the lecture, I hang on every word Steve Molk said and took the entire lecture to heart because he has my dream job as an entertainment journalist and blogger. Another entertainment journalist that I believe has inspired me to study journalism and to become an entertainment journalist is "E! News" anchorwoman, Giuliana RancicGiuliana Rancic has featured across multiple media platforms like "Detour" magazine, and she was a reporter for a Capitol Hill news bureau where she covered stories about the Pentagon, Supreme Court and the White House.

During the lecture, Steve Molk stated three things that have remained a prominent and permanent fixture in my mind.
He then went on to expand on that statement by mentioning that what you do with your brand and how you make it work for you, may affect what you do in the future and may influence how you get a job in the journalism industry. 

My JOUR1111 blog is a fine example of my attempt at controlling my brand. My brand is entertainment journalism, and throughout my blog I have demonstrated my passion for television, movies and those who are involved in the entertainment industry. 

Steve Molk also mentioned that because of the social media, everyone has the opportunity to gain access, interview and make contacts with all sorts of people. These people could include journalists, politicians, entertainment industry or anyone under the limelight.

Through my use of twitter, I have gained many contacts and have developed friendships with people all over the globe. I have had the opportunity to interview entertainment journalists like Carina MacKenzie, and have conversations and build friendships with people in the entertainment industry.

The final statement that Steve Molk made and has resinated with me the most is:

Thank you Steve Molk for being a continual inspiration to aspiring journalist like myself. I applaud you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment